Hey guys, it's Ana'jah and I am going to show you how to create the gold foil text in Photopea without using Photoshop. We all know that Photoshop is a bit pricey, so here is a free and affordable way to do so. Photoshop also takes up a lot of space on the computer, you can easily access Photopea from your browser (how amazing is that). Take a look at how quickly you can create this text.
Before we get started, there are a few things you need to get.
- Whatever font you want to use
- Color of the foil texture (JPEG)
There are plenty of websites where you can download fonts. Here are two websites I use.
Now onto the foil, you want. You can find a few on
And last Photopea, simply just type it into your browser and there you go, on your way to creating whatever you want.
Now on to following each step in the screenshots that are provided.
Step By Step Screenshots On How To Create Gold Foil Text!
Step One: Open New File in Photopea
- File > New
- Type in the file size
- Hit OK
Step Two: Choose Your Text
- Click on the capital "T" on the left-hand side
- You can upload any font to Photopea
Step Three: Add Your Text and Resize
- You are allowed to preview different fonts
- Play around with texts to see which one you like
Step Four: Choose Your Foil
- File > Open
- Select foil (JPEG)
- Alt + (click foil layer)
If the image is too small, you can go to Edit > Free Transformation and resize to cover the text
- Click on the background
- Click on the eye
- Delete background to get a transparent background
- File > Save as PSD.
- Export as (select the file you want
And you have now learned and created your first foil text effect.